Thursday, July 2, 2009

Make a Joyful Noise!!!!!!!!!!!!

Singing is commanded in Scripture as a part of our worship, but it should be so much more than a duty-bound voicing of words. The Bible reveals many reasons why we should want to lift our voices in song.

We should sing of the strength and power of our God. We should sing of the victory that is possible through Him. We should sing songs of exaltation and songs of thanksgiving for our blessings, most especially the blessing of salvation. Our songs should pour forth from an overflow of the joy we have in the love of our Father.


While singing is to be "unto the Lord", it is also for our consecration and edification. As we sing, we draw nearer to God, as well as to one another. Understanding is to be a part of our singing, so let us be sure we are telling the truth when we sing words like, "Jesus Is All The World To Me."


Colossians 3:16 "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, as you teach and admonish one another in all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, and hymns, and spiritual songs with thankfulness in your hearts to God."






Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Fully Blessed said...

I totally agree with you! The group here in Warwick are really sticklers about the right note and all, sometimes not in service so much. It is usually when we get together to just sing at the preachers home. I get really get upset when they correct or stay on something till we get it right, or explain what we did wrong. I just want to sing, and make a joyful noise! You were the first person I think that told me to sing out, that I had a good voice. Thanks, it has made a difference, I do tend to sing out and not be shy about it. Of course, I think I just have a loud voice and sometimes I actually do get the right notes.

Family Fun and Faith said...

Sing on, FB, you are pleasing God with your songs!