Monday, May 24, 2010

Requested Quote From 5-23-10

Yesterday in the lesson from 1 Chronicles 22, I presented a portion of the inaugural address of John F. Kennedy in 1961. Afterward I presented a reword of his statement, trying to embrace our spiritual commitment. I received requests for copies, so I am posting it here. The reword was done by a preacher named Dave Owens.

I want us to be able to declare…“Let the word go forth from this time and place…to friend and foe alike…that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Christians living in our secular society…Let it be known that we are proud of our Lord Jesus and His Word and His body, the church…let every person know that we will pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of the church. This much we pledge and more!”

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: