Friday, December 14, 2007

Chicken Foot in English & Russian

We had dinner guests this evening. Barry, who was a missionary in Belarus for several years, married a Belarussian woman. They moved to the States a few years ago. They have a daughter who is just past a year old. Barry's wife, Lucy is excited that her mom has recently been granted a visa and is here visiting for the first time.

She only speaks Russian, and our family only speaks Texan. But we had a lot of fun. After eating together, we got out the double nine dominos and played Chicken Foot. It is an easy game to grasp and it is a riot to hear the frustrations and the glee of the game expressed in both languages. At the end of the evening, I gave Lucy's mom, Leeza, a box of the dominos as a Christmas gift so she can take the game home to Belarus. She was very pleased!



Subscribe to Family Fun & Faith







Add to Technorati Favorites

4 comments:

ORION said...

I am enjoying interacting with you in the discussion of my book LOTTERY- thank you for your insight and contribution.
Much aloha

Family Fun and Faith said...

Hi Patricia, that is the best part of blogging to me. I love the interactions with others and sharing the thoughts they stir.

Unknown said...

I've played a lot of dominoes in my day, but have never heard of 'chicken foot'; in any language. I'm glad you were able to share something with these folks.

Family Fun and Faith said...

If I can think of a way to describe the game, in English, I will post it so you can join the fun!