Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Overcoming!

The diagnosis was breast cancer. We all began to pray for Mom. My specific prayer was that she would overcome the cancer. I prayed it for three and a half years, everyday, many times a day. Then when I returned from a trip to Jamaica, the first of Mom’s children to leave the States and Mom did not recognize me, I knew she would not live much longer. I wept bitterly and wondered before God why He had not answered my fervent prayers.

But He had. She overcame cancer with dignity and faithfulness and courage. And I thank Him!
***********************************************

The story above is posted in response to Jellen’s Writing Challenge



Subscribe to Family Fun & Faith








Add to Technorati Favorites

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow -- you met the challenge... and then some. It's funny how our perceptions change as we get older and grow to understand things that we couldn't in earlier years.

Family Fun and Faith said...

the time and the experiences can help us see more clearly! Thanks

Jellen said...

Well done, my friend. Thanks for participating.

Family Fun and Faith said...

I love the writing challenges, Jellen. Thanks for psoting this one.