Friday, August 29, 2008

Highest Honors

I have attended dinners to show appreciation to a person or group, I have signed letters or posters to show support, I have witnessed the unveiling of statues and monuments in honor of some celebrity. I have seen the stars in the sidewalk in Hollywood, watched as athletes’ numbers are retired, and participated in the dedication of a building named for the honoree.

If you someone were to honor you, what would you consider the best/highest possible way to do so?



Subscribe to Family Fun & Faith








Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Your Other Mom said...

That is a very tough question which also hits home.

I personally prefer to stay out of the limelight and do not like public praise, so I wouldn't want anything public. However, many times it is the recipient of a good deed that feels a public acknowledgement is necessary--not the do-er. Matthew 6:17-18 speaks of fasting so that only your Father knows and he then will reward you. It's quite possible that the person did not do it for you or acknowledgement or honor--maybe they just did it because it is something they enjoy doing or because they saw a need or even they did it as much for themself as those others that it benefitted.

If you feel some acknowledgement is necessary maybe a private one is best. If you feel a simple "thank you" is not enough then maybe perform an act comparable to what you are trying to honor.

Just my 2 cents but thanks for making me think.
Betty

Family Fun and Faith said...

Nice contribution here, Betty!
When I wrote the piece, I thought the highest tribute might be to name a child after me. I can think of no greater honor, in this life.