Friday, August 22, 2008

Sharpening the Focus




Three weeks ago, in study for a pair of lessons I was to present I was to present from the sixth chapter of Mark, about Jesus miraculously feeding more than 5000 people and about his walking on the water, I was reminded of Jesus’ need for time alone for personal renewal. He spent the time in prayer. If He needed inner peace in order to be able to minister effectively, how much more do I?


I thought of how busy my wife and I had been for several months and how weary we have become. I got up from my study and called my wife at her job. I told her of my study and that I did not know where we would go to get away, but I invited her to take off the 18th through 20th. I asked her to begin making a prayer list so we could spend at least half a day in prayer. We had not done that in a long time. She was delighted.


We found a place in Hill Country of Central Texas that seemed to offer the quiet we were seeking. It was even called Lost Pines. Our balcony overlooked a garden called "Butterfly Meadow". We accomplished our aims, spending most of the day on Tuesday pouring out our hearts to God. We are back at the grindstone, feeling a bit shaper!




Subscribe to Family Fun & Faith








Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: