Wednesday, April 22, 2009

BAAAA!!!!!

I was just reminded of a story about my dad that I laugh about every time I think about it. Dad went to school in a very small community; the population was 303, according to the sign at the city limits. And it was in the early 1940’s.

One of Dad’s teachers presented the idea that nurture is more important that nature in the development of men. She told the students that if a baby was raised by sheep that it would eat grass, walk on all fours, and bleat. My dad did not believe that. He believed that at some point a human child would stand upright and use his hands to an advantage. The teacher and he had an argument. My dad would not concede on the matter.

When the time for testing on the subject a few days later, there was only one question on the test. It was “What would be the outcome if a human were raised by sheep?” Dad wrote the answer she wanted to see on his paper. But when he handed in his paper, he looked the teacher in the eye and said, “Baa!”






Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Fully Blessed said...

I liked this, it is pretty funny! Sounds like something you would do!

Daesha said...

Well, we are all like sheep without a shepherd, right? That's a funny story.