Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Celebrating 42 Years Together!

My wife and I recently celebrated our 42nd anniversary. We have done some very special things to celebrate special anniversaries in the past, cruises twice, a weekend in New York City to see Beauty and the Beast on Broadway, to mention a few.

Forty two is not a number we usually associate with a special anniversary, but it seemed special to me, but I had trouble thinking of the appropriate gift. I finally decided on creating a card to tell her how much I appreciate some trait or characteristic of her, one each day for six weeks.

I used the Print Artist software on my computer, and created the card I wanted, and then only changed the wording on each day’s card. I did not tell her of my plan, but on the fifth day of receiving a card, she quietly asked, “How long do you plan to keep this up?” I told her “42 days.” She did not say anything in reply.

On about the tenth day, she said, “You know, I am really looking forward to going to the mailbox each day.” I just smiled.

We are nearing the end of the experiment; I will complete it early next week. But I think this gift will be remembered as long as some of the more exotic measures we have used in our previous celebrations.

(first posted at qassia)





Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Daesha said...

What a neat idea! I love it, and I'll bet your wife does too!

Family Fun and Faith said...

I will post the last card today!