Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Quote from the January Issue of THINK Magazine

One of my favorite periodicals is Think magazine, published by Focus Press. It is filled each month with articles about social and science and economic matters, giving very thoughtful arguments from a Christian and Biblical perspective. I am almost always challenged or enlightened by some ideas. For instance, I am a biology major, thus I have a lot of interest in issues surrounding evolution or stem cells or cloning. One of the editors of Think is a PhD who presents very interesting or enlightening articles on such topics.

In the January issue, however, there was an article about being wise parent. I am now raising two grandsons and took some good points from the article. My favorite quote is "A parental tantrum after the child has done wrong is not well-balanced parenting." It made me stop and reflect on some of my current habits.


Subscribe to Family Fun & Faith








Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good quote! It's important that at least one of the generations behaves like grown ups. I used to joke with my hubby that I thought our kids may grow up before he did. He beat them to it, but only by milliseconds...
;O)
Beth

Family Fun and Faith said...

Beth, I think your husband and I may have similar make up. I doubt that I won the race with my children for maturity. My second daughter says my first one turned forty long before either of her parents!

Professor Howdy, Thanks for the visit and the time to comment. I think this is the first time we have met. I always love reading scripture, so the quote from Ecclesiastes was welcome. And I checked out two to the links (so far). I liked both the first one at the top of the list and I especially enjoyed the Is Jesus God post.