Saturday, December 27, 2008

Honest Scrap Award

I learned a couple of days ago that Malcolm Campbell has honored me with The Honest Scrap Award.

First, I'm sure the word is supposed to be "Crap" and not "Scrap." Second, the honor is dubious in that it invites people to confess stuff so that, if it hasn't been noted in their permanent records before, it will be now.

Anyhow, this confession must include ten honest (fooey) secrets that most people don't know about me along with seven victims whom I want to honor (hahaha). First, the secrets:




1. The first movie that made me cry was Old Yeller.

2. I do not like any peanut butter but Peter Pan.

3. My shoe size is 8 ½ EEE.

4. I have read at least the equivalent of a book a week every year since 1983, and I have a list of all the titles.

5. My middle name is Gabel, my mother’s maiden name.

6. My wife retired on the 19th.

7. I have never used an ATM machine.

8. In my early teen years I stayed summers with my Dad’s people in Arkansas, where I did things like chopping cotton and snapping beans.

9. Two foods that look like they should taste good but don’t are tomatoes and cantaloupes.

10. I am not sure I have seven blogging friends that are not on Malcolm’s list!
Now for the “friends” that I want to tag”

MadameBlogsalot


Jellen

HuttRiver

Jeanne

Elly

Paul Cartwright

Plain Jane





Subscribe to Family Fun & Faith




Add to Technorati Favorites

3 comments:

Malcolm R. Campbell said...

Hey, nice list. Even though it was hard work, I'll bet your time spent in Arkansas was time well spent; so, too, reading a book a week.

See, as the padre down the street might tell you, confession is good for the soul.

Malcolm

Unknown said...

You don't like cantaloupe?!

I know what you mean about trying to come up with a unique batch of friends. When you're as reclusive as I've been in the past, that's quite a chore.

hifidel said...

Fun list!
I've finally posted mine here.

I thought about just tagging you seven times, on seven different blogs, but I thought that might be cruel... not to mention the fact that what goes around comes around.