Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Who or What Inspires You?

There are lots of whats and whos that inspire me. To name a few:

Great Music inspires me. I have no musical talent whatsoever. (I once had a fella tell me, “not only can you not lead a song, you couldn’t knock it down and drag it!”). But hearing music inspires me and lifts me up. I could name a thousand examples, “How Great Thou Art”, the theme music from The Magnificent Seven, Unchained Melody, The Day the Music Died, Danny Boy, even Jesus Loves Me when sung by a little one.

Great books inspire me. Some of the most cherished would include, Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard, The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom, The Marriage Builder by Larry Crabb, This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti, and on and on.

Great Effort inspires me. I love to watch great athletes, but only when they are pouring themselves out to excel. Maybe that is why I love and support Special Olympics.

Great conviction inspires me. I started to call that courage, but sometimes we think that the courageous are not afraid, but what inspires me is the one who will stand for his or her conviction in even when it seems to bring them into the lion’s den.

Creativeness inspires me. I love it when someone has a bright idea that makes everyone’s life better or more content.



Subscribe to Family Fun & Faith




Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Malcolm R. Campbell said...

I just got done reading a novel called Women of Magdalene. This is an example of language that inspires me. The story was well told, but when I find apt sentences, perfect descriptions, and sometimes the very right word, all I can think is WOW.

Malcolm

Family Fun and Faith said...

Sounds like another book to be sought and read. You are always way ahead of me on that. Thanks.

BTW, 18 degree temps are what you get for living so far north! And people think of Georgia as a Southern state!