Monday, November 5, 2007

Two Years Ago Today

Two years already, it is hard to believe. On the fifth of November, 2005, my wife donated a kidney to a gentleman we worship with. He was down to only fifteen percent function in his own kidneys and in dire need. When my wife found out you do not have to be a blood kin to make a donation and she volunteered.

She went through the long series of tests and was found to be a match to our friend. The operations went well and within a couple of months my bride was fully recovered. The recipient had to undergo lots of treatments to help prevent rejection but today he is doing so well. At services last night he came by to ask me if I was aware that today is the second anniversary of the transplant.

It is funny how something can seem so long ago and still be as fresh in memory as though it were yesterday.




Subscribe to Family Fun & Faith



Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Malcolm R. Campbell said...

I remember you mentioning this in a post at the time, or soon afterwards. Nice to hear the guy is doing well.

Malcolm